Official COVID-19 Mask Policy
- Masks are required whether you’re vaccinated or not. We are not Walmart or Kroger, and in order to accommodate the number of people attending, we need to wear our maks.
- Children are not required to wear masks. Younglings/Children’s means under 5 years of age, not 20-year-olds.
- You may take off your masks when you’re outside, when performing, eating/drinking, for pictures, or if no one is around you and you need a breather.
- Please stay an arm’s length distance apart from each other. Hugs and handshakes are discouraged unless within your own group. No ‘free hugs’ signage allowed.
- If you’re not feeling well, if you have a compromised immune system and are not vaccinated, please stay home.
- You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee that you will not come in contact with COVID while attending the con and your attendance is of your own choice.
We are expecting a decent size crowd so if we all do our part, we can have a safe environment that all of us can enjoy.
Respect your fellow attendees. Everyone has the right to a safe and fun time at Anime Blues Con. Don’t do anything that harasses, threatens, or harms other attendees. If you are being harassed, threatened, or harmed, please find a member of ABC Safety. See our anti-harassment policy for more details.
Don’t break the law. Please don’t steal, start fights, drink if you’re underage (or give drinks to minors), or do anything else that’s illegal in Memphis, Tennessee, or the United States.
- Disorderly and disruptive behavior such as hollering, cursing around minors, noisemakers, and disrupting foot traffic is prohibited and may result in ejection from ABC.
- Persons committing vandalism, graffiti, defacement, destruction of property, and criminal damage will be ejected from ABC and given to the custody of City of Southaven Police
- Persons committing theft, shoplifting, larceny, burglary, looting, robbery, counterfeiting, and fraud will be ejected from ABC and given to the custody of City of Southaven Police.
Don’t drink or smoke in the convention space. Please use designated outside areas for smoking. Using e-cigarettes and vapes counts as smoking for the purposes of this rule.
Wear your badge at all times. Your badge must be visible. If a staff member asks to see your badge or photo ID, you must show it to them. Anime Blues Con reserves the right to deny entrance to any part of convention space to anyone not wearing a valid convention badge.
Keep your kids with you. Attendees under 13 must be accompanied by an adult at all times, even when in designated children’s programming areas. Parents will be held responsible for any damages caused by their children.
Follow the prop and costume rules. See our Prop and Costume Policy for more details.
Follow hotel and convention center policies. Don’t sleep in public areas or play in public fountains. Don’t bring pets with you (though service animals are allowed). If a hotel or convention center staff member asks you to do something, follow their directions.
Obey all directions given to you by Anime Blues Con staff members. If you have a problem with something a staff member asks you to do, follow their directions first, then ask to see their supervisor.
Failure to follow these rules may result in consequences up to and including revocation of your membership and badge, removal from convention space, and involvement of local law enforcement. The head of Anime Blues Con’s Safety Department has the final say as to the interpretation of these rules.
If someone’s behavior makes you feel unwelcome, unsafe, or uncomfortable, that is harassment.
Anime Blues Con does not allow harassment of any kind, including but not limited to behaviors such as: stalking, offensive comments, hate speech, bathroom policing, inappropriate or unwelcome physical contact, recording or taking pictures without permission, and repeatedly disrupting conversations you have been asked to leave. The aforementioned comments or hate speech could be in relation to: age, race or ethnicity, color, citizenship or national origin, relationship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, appearance, clothing, body size, pregnancy, disability, or religion. This list is not an exhaustive list.
- Keep your hands to yourself.
- Respect your fellow attendees.
- Keep an eye on what you say to people and how you act around them.
- Remember, cosplay is not consent: just because someone is in costume, it doesn’t give you permission to take a picture or touch their costume.
- Ask first, and if they tell you no, respect that.
What to do if you see or experience harassment
If you feel harassed or see someone else being harassed, notify a staff member immediately. You are also within your rights to ask the harasser to stop on your own. Once notified, Anime Blues Con staff will take any action necessary to stop the behavior, up to and including badge revocation and expulsion from convention premises. We will also take steps to help you feel safe again at your request, such as escorting you to a place you feel safe, contacting your friends or family for you, or contacting law enforcement.
This policy applies without exception to everyone at the convention, including attendees, panelists, vendors, guests, convention staff, and venue staff.
Badges and wristbands serve as proof of membership for the dates and/or times listed on them. Your membership grants you access to all non-specialty events and function spaces based on availability and convention policies. Specialty events may require an additional fee. Badges and wristbands remain the property of Anime Blues Con and must be surrendered on request by an authorized representative of Anime Blues Con (ABC).Please remember that duplicating a membership badge is forgery- a felony in the state of Mississippi. If you are caught forging and/or selling forged badges, you will be banned from the convention, and given to the custody of the City of Southaven Police.
The Anime Blues Con venue spaces comprise the entirity of the Memphis Botanic Garden, Access to these spaces requires that proof of membership be displayed at all times. No proof of membership is required to go to registration.
Badge checks are performed for entrance to the following areas:
Memphis Botanic Garden
Persons without proof of membership found to be loitering in any controlled spaces will be required to buy a membership or asked to leave.