- Wear shoes at all times (including dancing shoes, or entire foot coverings)
Wear masks ONLY in convention spaces
Have weapons inspected and peace bound at the Weapons Check booth next to Registration
Please Do Not
Wear/use any of the following items:
Roller skates/roller blades
- Carry real weapons
- Carry props that cannot fit through a door or weigh more than 20 lbs
- Wear costumes that resemble law enforcement or medical personnel
Nudity and underwear only are NOT allowed
The sides and undersides of breasts should be covered
Bodysuits or flesh-colored fabric is acceptable
With form-fitting clothing, a dance belt (or other undergarments) to cover genitalia is required
- Please use good judgment and common sense in general. This is a family-friendly convention. Keep all costumes sensible and at a rating acceptable in public. There will be children present.
- No costume is no costume! If you are not clothed properly, you will be asked to change. This includes having a shirt and shoes at all times. We are using public spaces we rent so the local laws are in effect. No shirt, no shoes, no service. For costumes which a character is typically shirt-less, all MALE costumes may remove their shirt for photos but must put the shirt back on when walking in public spaces.
- Please make sure your costume uses non-see through material over the private body parts. Once again remember there will be children present.
- No profanity displayed on the clothing or costume.
- Those who abuse this policy will be subject to removal from the convention without refund from the convention
- Remember you will also be walking through public areas such as the Memphis Botanic Garden How you act and represent yourself will reflect upon the convention as well.
- Grossly offensive or high shock value cosplays, uniforms, outfits or t-shirts will be asked to change or risk expulsion.
Before taking a photo, please ask your subject if it’s okay. Most people love to be photographed, but you should always ask and get permission. Be aware of your surroundings, as certain areas are crowded with people. Ask who is photographing you that you may want to go to a less crowded location. If you have a weapon as part of your costume, be EXTREMELY careful of crowds walking or running into you, especially if you are posing with a weapon.
In order to protect their own safety and that of others, ABC attendees understand, agree to, and consent that designated ABC representatives or security personnel throughout the convention have an absolute right to inspect costumes, weapons, and any other items, and that they will submit to such an inspection. Any attendee must submit their costumes, weapons, and other items to an immediate inspection upon request or must leave the convention. In the event a person declines to submit to an inspection and refuses to leave, they shall be immediately expelled from the convention and escorted off the premises.
Only ABC Staff may determine whether any particular item covered by this policy is permitted or not permitted at ABC and such determination is solely, exclusively, and absolutely at the discretion of ABC. Persons who do not cooperate with the determinations of ABC concerning the application of this policy to any particular item may be immediately expelled from the convention.
Persons who carry or otherwise bring prop weapons, replicas, or similar items do so at their own, sole, and absolute risk, and assume all risks of liability, harm, damage, or loss to any person or property injured or otherwise harmed, intentionally or accidentally, directly or indirectly, by such items or the person carrying them.
Anime Blues Con, shall not be liable for any injury, harm, damage, or other risk or liability associated with any person’s use of any weapon, replica, or prop, whether permitted or banned hereunder, at ABC. In no event shall ABC, and its affiliates and subsidiaries, or the Memphis Botanic Garden have any liability for any incidental, consequential, special, or exemplary, damages hereunder, even if informed of the possibility of same.